Low-Calorie Hot Chocolate Recipe
Looking for a low calorie way to sip hot chocolate all winter long? The recipe below is a great basic recipe for any hot chocolate lover.
- 2 cups of skim milk (soy, rice, almond and coconut milk easily substituted)
- 2 rounded teaspoons of 70% dark chocolate cocoa powder (look for a higher percentage of cocoa on dark chocolate. The higher percentage means a more bitter, but healthier, chocolate drink)
- 2 teaspoons of organic sugar or sugar substitute
1. Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming (but not boiling).
2. Add cocoa powder and sweetener and whisk to combine ingredients.
3. Whisk the cocoa powder and sweetener until well-blended.
4. Pour into favorite mugs and enjoy!
Looking for something more? Why not try adding in a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg? Or if you’re in the mood for a refreshing drink, skip the flavored syrups and muddle in some mint leaves or stir with a candy cane!
LOOKING FOR WEIGHT LOSS INFORMATION?
Find more low-calorie recipes and other great weight loss resources through the Mercy Weight Loss & Nutrition Center.