7 Winter Activities to Try
Looking for a new way to get active this winter? Check out seven ways you and your loved ones can get moving and burn some extra calories*.
- Ice skating and ice hockey, the old winter stand-bys, burns 476 calories an hour!
- Skiing downhill burns upwards of 375 calories an hour. (try cross country skiing and you can burn up to 570 calories an hour!)
- Sledding (and climbing up the hill again) will earn you a whopping 476 calories burned every hour.
- Snow shoeing may take some practice, but once you get the hang of these wide attachments, you can burn nearly 545 calories an hour!
- Snowmobiling is an exhilarating activity, perfect for a thrill seeker. Look for a calorie burn of 238 calories an hour.
- And for those seeking a more leisurely winter, try curling! This cult Olympic favorite will burn 235 calories an hour.
- Did you know ice fishing can burn 480 calories an hour? All the moving house, drilling holes and prepping fish really pay off!
Orignally published by: